Vinyl 1×LP (Deluxe)$40.99
Cool Grey and Purple Marbled VinylRead More
- The record is encased in a linen-wrapped jacket with purple foil stamping.
- Each LP is numbered 001-750 and autographed by Jakob Dylan.
- Comes with Marketing Sticker.
Vinyl 1×LP$27.99Read More
Opaque PurpleRead More
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
Rock ‘n’ roll is often hard to define, or even to find, in these fractured musical times. But to paraphrase an old saying, you know it when you hear it.
And you always hear it with The Wallflowers. For the past 30 years, the Jakob Dylan-led act has stood as one of rock’s most dynamic and purposeful bands – a unit dedicated to and continually honing a sound that meshes timeless songwriting and storytelling with a hard-hitting and decidedly modern musical attack. That signature style has been present through the decades, baked into the grooves of smash hits like 1996’s Bringing Down the Horse as well as more recent and exploratory fare like 2012’s Glad All Over.
But while it’s been nine long years since we’ve heard from the group with whom he first made his mark, the Wallflowers are silent no more. And Dylan always knew they’d return. “The Wallflowers is much of my life’s work,” he says simply. That life’s work continues with Exit Wounds, the brand-new Wallflowers studio offering. The collection marks the first new Wallflowers material since Glad All Over.
Exit Wounds, which, true to its title, is an ode to people – individual and collective – that have, to put it mildly, been through some stuff.
“I think everybody – no matter what side of the aisle you’re on – wherever we’re going to next, we're all taking a lot of exit wounds with us,” Dylan says. “Nobody is the same as they were four years ago. That, to me, is what Exit Wounds signifies. And it's not meant to be negative at all. It just means that wherever you’re headed, even if it’s to a better place, you leave people and things behind, and you think about those people and those things and you carry them with you. Those are your exit wounds. And right now, we’re all swimming in them.”
Digital Track List
- 1 Maybe Your Heart's Not In It No More 5:01 Buy
- 2 Roots And Wings 3:55 Buy
- 3 I Hear The Ocean (When I Wanna Hear Trains) 4:30 Buy
- 4 The Dive Bar In My Heart 3:31 Buy
- 5 Darlin' Hold On 3:43 Buy
- 6 Move The River 4:29 Buy
- 7 I'll Let You Down (But Will Not Give You Up) 4:04 Buy
- 8 Wrong End Of The Spear 4:06 Buy
- 9 Who's That Man Walking 'Round My Garden 2:58 Buy
- 10 The Daylight Between Us 3:44 Buy